Friday, October 13, 2006

OHHHHH- PRAH!!!!

The only way, it seems, to be able to procure the much coveted Oprah tickets is to play by her rules. It's spelled out very clearly on her site. You are also warned never to pay for said tickets as this is some type of violation. (would be more than happy to pay for tickets but there doesn't even seem to be a broker who has them -everyone must fear the rath of O.)
Imagine my delight when I read on her site that beginning today at 11est you could dial in for November tickets. Wow! I'm just one step away from booking the flight! I don't even care which day in November - I'll make it work. To make sure the tickets would be mine I enlisted the help of a few friends. Surely, one of us would get through.
Yea, right.

The only thing breaking up the monotony of a basic "no" was the three ways the message came across.
1. fast busy signal - never a good sign.
2. "please check the number and dial again"
3. the most hopeful, but in the end also a "no" - "All circuits are busy now, please try your call later."

The bottom line - YOU ARE NOT GETTING TICKETS TO OPRAH - YOU LOOOOSER!

While I now have the ticket hotline (loser-line) memorized, I'm not sure I can handle that type of rejection any time soon.
There is one more way - one more legitimate way -to get audience tickets. They have a link to click on for last minute tickets. Most of the time these are not available either. Right now there is hope - but they are only looking for 35 year old women. 35! I don't think I even know any 35 year old women and if I did I'm not so sure I'd clue them in!

Oh, Oprah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home